This site is privately owned and is neither affiliated with, nor endorsed by, nor operated by any government agency. Visit the CDFW >

Out of State

If you're a nonresident or from out-of-state, you are required to have a CO fishing license or temporary permit to legally fish in the state. Before you cast your rod, be sure you have obtained the proper permits.

For more information on fishing in Colorado, go here!

Types of Nonresident CO Fishing Licenses

  • One-day- $9
  • Five-day- $21
  • Annual- $56
  • Senior Annual (64 and older) N/A
  • Additional day- $5
  • Extra rod stamp- $5
  • Fishing and small game combo Annual N/A

Where to Purchase Nonresident CO Fishing Licenses

In Person:

  • You can visit hundreds of retail outlets where hunting and fishing licenses are sold.

By Phone:

  • Just call 1-800-244-5613


  • Via the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Total Licensing System.

Note: Each individual must purchase a Habitat Stamp for the license year, which typically falls between April and March of each calendar year. This fee will be automatically included in the price of your first fishing license for the year.